Sunday, June 3, 2012
Carz
I used to think a lot more about cars. As a teen, I could spot any car half a mile away and name its make and model. I resented how my family didn't own a luxury car. I was a very materialistic teenager. I'm not sure where that came from. I think I was rebelling against the extreme frugality my family practiced.
It is funny how people change. Now I'm a frugal Y_____ all around. There are some comical examples in my family of aversion to spending money on cars. And this is different from the upper middle class drivers of old Volvos and Saabs, since, heck, these are still higher end cars. My uncle, a P__________, surely could have afforded fancy car. But instead he drove a Y____, one of the smallest and least expensive cars at the time. My father never owned a car.
I started my adult life owning a car and then went a few years without driving. Now my job requires that I own a car and I resent it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment