Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lottofest

Everyone is talking about the huge lottery jackpot and what they would do if they won it.

I'm not rich. I have challenges in my life, but none of them are the result of lacking wealth. In fact, I think the discipline required to earn a living keeps my idiosyncrasies in check.

You have to wonder what Michael Jackson would have been like without fame and fortune. He might have been unhappy with his appearance, like a lot of people are, but he would never have had cosmetic surgery. Maybe he'd have trouble sleeping, like many people do, but he would be taking Ambien; he wouldn't have a personal doctor injecting him with Propofol. Sure, he would probably be a weird and unhappy guy, but with the pressure of having to make ends meet and lack of riches, there's a good chance his weirdness wouldn't balloon like it did in the actual course his life took.

I have a lot of wealth in my life, earned and otherwise, that cannot be measured in dollars. And I think work is good for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment